Note: Outline follows the Agenda . The gavel fell at 7:00 PM. Dan Wojdac
- Guests: Tim Bennett (former member of Sonoma Skypark Chapter 1268, Boeing
flying club in Seattle, moving to Roseville, looking to fly a tail dragger).
- Announcements short business meeting; Corl Leach not present for Safety
Pitch. Dan Wojdac initiated a discussion about "The Routine" ( Agenda Item
IX). When a checklist routine gets interrupted items can be overlooked, which
can cause a problem. The discussion was tabled until later in the meeting.
- Minutes: motioned for approval by Greg Duda and seconded by Duane Rueb,
approved by vote. Comments that members did not receive minutes were made, and
they were not on the website. There was a misspelled word.
- Treasurers Report: Milton Ciarlariello reported a momentous evening
because Auburn Airplane Works (Mike Haisten) donated $1500 to the Young Eagles
program, from the sale of junked scrap metal Nasa parts from Milts hangar.
After three years of research and contacting Mike determined they were special
J-85 engine parts, and found buyers for some of the parts and the remaining
lot. Additionally, Milt wrote a check to the Ca. Pilots Assoc.;PGE is paid
(hangar uses 31KWH/mo.): there’s about $3,200 in checking; and $1,287 held in
escrow for hangar (HOA) fees; and our net worth is $60,000 +.
- Golden West Fly-In Report (moved up from item VII): Jim Booth from
Marysville proposed an competition whereby 5 or 6 local EAA Chapters would
fly-in Sunday June 10, each with 5 or 6 homebuilt aircraft to show with a
possible chance to win $250 for their Chapter.
- Project Status Reports: (members willing to loan tools and
equipment are encouraged to contact the website manager and add to the chapter
- Marty Maisel/ Cavalier: working on wheel pants
- Larry Bontrager/RV-4: little progress
- Eric Sweeney/Moni Motor Glider: Mike H. reported about 25 hours on it
- Brent Smith/Mini Imp: bought parts
- Brent Smith & Peter Requa / Space Jumper: sold Jabiru engine and
setting Subaru engine, replumbing fuel system and radiator; needs a large
- Dick Rupe/ Escapade: test hopping it tomorrow
- John Howard/ Zenith 750: absent
- Jack Prock/ Velocity: working on second wing (south Auburn)
- Ev Young/Storch & Thatcher CX4: Thatcher on back burner; Storch
engine injectors getting close
- Brad Hawley/ Auto Gyro: ordered radiator and exhaust
- Nick Suciu/ Sky Arrow no progress
- Walter Caton/Annual on Chief: doing well, looking for a partner
- Bruce Dodds/Chief: did not run well, completed annual; concerned about
future of avgas and using autogas in aircraft. Duane Rube mentioned
difficulty to get answers about using alternate fuels in different engines.
Dan W. mentioned possible law suit to ban all leaded fuels, the different
Octanes required by different aircraft, and filtering fuels.
- Membership Report: Peter Requa 109 members; 48 still owe dues.
- Golden West Flyin Don VanSant: planning meeting this Saturday at Clinton
Hangar; C130 Coast Guard, B-17 Sentimental Journey, talking to 3 B-25’s,
T-6s and re-enactors Need coordinators and volunteers. See posting on
- Dan Wojdac We’re looking for a new location for the Christmas party.
Dingus McGees was suggested.
- Dan Wojdac, Program Director announced March – Bud Anderson WWII Ace on
his test pilot work;; September- open;
- Shirts and Hats see Ivan;
- Patches – Greg Duda
- Name tags: see Bill Turpie
- Program: Composites Lynn Cook spoke about and passed out samples of
fiberglass fabrics; Greg Duda spoke about polyester resin and Jack Prock about
epoxy work. i.e. mixing, etc.
- The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 PM